Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Eric Carmen Songs - Hungry Eyes Lyrics

Hungry Eyes Lyrics By Eric Carmen Songs Album: Dirty Dancing Soundtrack Year: 1987 I've been meaning to tell you I've got this feelin' that won't subside

Eric Carmen - Hungry Eye
Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes


Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Dirty Dancing Soundtrack
Released: 1987

Hungry Eyes Lyrics


I've been meaning to tell you
I've got this feelin' that won't subside
I look at you and I fantasize
Now and tonight
Now I've got you in my sights

[Chorus]
With these Hungry Eyes
One look at you and I can't disguise
I've got hungry eyes
I feel the magic between you and I

I want to hold you so hear me out
I want to show you what love's all about
Now an tonight
Now I've got you in my sights

[Chorus]

Now I've got you in my sights
With these hungry eyes
Now did I take you by surprise
I need you to see
This love was meant to be

[Chorus]

Writer/s: PREVITE, FRANKE / DENICOLA, JOHN
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Hungry Eyes
  • Look for a musical interlude about an hour into many movies - especially romantic comedies - which is when audiences start to tire of dialogue. In the movie Dirty Dancing, this song provided the soundtrack to Jennifer Grey's undercover dance lessons with Patrick Swayze. The song was not only a key piece of the movie, but helped the soundtrack sell over 48 million copies worldwide.
  • Eric Carmen is best known as one of the founding members of The Raspberries and writer of "All By Myself," "Almost Paradise" (Ann Wilson and Mike Reno) and other hits of his own like "Make Me Lose Control." This is one of the few songs Eric recorded that he did not write. He was asked to do it by his old Raspberries producer Jimmy Ienner, who was the musical director for Dirty Dancing.
  • This song was co-written by John DeNicola and Franke Previte, who also wrote another huge hit from Dirty Dancing, "(I've Had) The Time of My Life." Previte was the singer and DeNicola was the bass player in the '80s Pop group Franke & the Knockouts, who had a hit with "Sweetheart." The group recorded for Millenium Records, which was helmed by Jimmy Ienner, who asked Franke for songs when he was producing the Dirty Dancing soundtrack. Previte told us: "Jimmy had closed his label and 'Hungry Eyes' was a song on my demo reel, because I was trying to get a new recording contract. No one thought the song had a chance. I guess history proves them wrong."
  • Eric Carmen said of recording this song: "At the point when that happened, I had moved back from Los Angeles to Ohio and decided to concentrate on being a songwriter. I had become disillusioned with the idea of being an artist. I only learned to sing because I had to. I never really liked my voice, and I still don't really. So I decided I'd just be a songwriter. I'd be in Ohio and have a normal life. One day, my former producer, Jimmy Ienner, called and said he was working on the film Dirty Dancing. He had this one song, and he thought I was the guy to sing it. He sent the tape. It sounded like Air Supply with Led Zeppelin's drummer. It was very strange. But through it, you could hear there was actually a pretty good song in there somewhere. The next thing I knew, Dirty Dancing sold 15 million albums, and all of a sudden, I was a performer again." (thanks to Bernie and the folks at EricCarmen.com)
  • On September 8, 2010, the original demo of this song will be released as part of the collection Dirty Dancing: The Original Demos, which will raise money for the Patrick Swayze Pancreas Cancer Resarch Foundation at Stanford University.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget