Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Sublime Songs - Saw Red Lyrics

Saw Red Lyrics By Sublime Songs Album: Robbin' The Hood Year: 1994 Girls don't go crazy Woman, hold your man tight Every day I love him just a little bi

Sublime - Saw Re
Sublime - Saw Red


Sublime - Saw Red Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Robbin' The Hood
Released: 1994

Saw Red Lyrics


Girls don't go crazy

Woman, hold your man tight

Every day I love him just a little bit more,
A little bit more, a little bit more
Everyday I love him just a little bit more
And he loves me the same

Every day I love her just a little bit more,
A little bit more, little bit more
Everyday I love her just a little bit more
And she loves me the same

Baby if you want to get on

Oh baby if you want to get off

It makes no sense at all

I Saw Red

I saw red, I saw red, one more sacred lover that

I shot dead

Everyday I wake up just a little bit more
Feelin' like a dog out on the yard
Because that's just how we are

Everyday I wonder if it's over
When I wake up realizin' that we hate
And brake down the war

You say it's black, but I can't believe you

And if you say it's white,
You say I'm tryin' to deceive you

And I'm aware of the high and the low,
And I'd be waiting for you in the middle but I just lack control

Baby if you want to get low

Oh baby if you want to get high

It makes no sense at all

I saw red

I saw red, I saw red, one more sacred lover that

I shot dead

Girls, don't go crazy,
Girls, don't go crazy,
Oh girls, don't go crazy when the men use you, oh

Oh, woman hold your man tight
If it makes you feel right, it's your own life

Writer/s: NOWELL, BRADLEY JAMES / LEVY, BARRINGTON AINSWORTH
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group, UNIVERSAL MUSIC PUB GROUP, BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Saw Red
  • No Doubt lead singer Gwen Stefani sang on this, making it into a duet running 1:57; she used to go out with Sublime lead singer Brad Nowell. On the Sublime: Stories, Tales, Lies & Exaggerations DVD, Stefani explained that Nowell wrote this in the studio and did his vocal in one take. (thanks, Vanessa - Covina, CA)
  • This was recorded before either Sublime or No Doubt were famous. Both groups rose to fame in the mid-'90s on the Southern California punk scene that also featured Green Day and the Offspring and was fathered by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
  • This is based on a popular Jamaican song called "She's Mine" by the dancehall singer Barrington Levy. Sublime recorded it as a tribute to Levy, changing the lyrics but keeping the music pretty much intact. After Sublime lead singer Brad Nowell died, their bass player and drummer formed the Long Beach Dub All-Stars, and recorded a version of this song with Levy. (thanks, Mitch - Colton, CA)
  • Robbin' The Hood was Sublime's second album, released on their independent label, Skunk Records. This song was a hit with college radio, but Sublime didn't break through to the mainstream until their next (self-titled) album, which was released in 1996 after they signed with MCA Records.
  • An acoustic version appears on Bradley Nowell & Friends, released in 1998. It's just Brad and a guitar.
  • In October of 2008 this song was covered by Rome Ramirez for YouTube's "Rawsession," featuring Sublime bassist Eric Wilson. (thanks, Logan - Ottawa, KS)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget