Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Supremes Songs - The Happening Lyrics

The Happening Lyrics By The Supremes Songs Album: Greatest Hits Year: 1967 Hey! Life, look at me, I can see the reality 'Cause when you shook me, took me

The Supremes - The Happenin
The Supremes - The Happening


The Supremes - The Happening Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Greatest Hits
Released: 1967

The Happening Lyrics


Hey! Life, look at me, I can see the reality
'Cause when you shook me, took me outta my world, I woke up
Suddenly I just woke up to The Happening
When you find that you left the future behind
'Cause when you got a tender love you don't take care of
Then you better beware of

The happening
One day you're up, when you turn around
You find your world is tumbling down
It happened to me and it can happen to you

I was sure, I felt secure until love took a detour
Yeah! Riding high on top of the world, it happened
Suddenly it just happened
I saw my dreams torn apart
When love walked away from my heart
And when you lose a precious love you need to guide you
Something happens inside you

The happening
Now I see life for what it is
It's not of dreams, it's not of bliss
It happened to me and it can happen to you
And then it happened
Oo, and then it happened
Oo, and then it happened
Oo, and then it happened

Is it real? Is it fake?
Is this game of life a mistake?
'Cause when I lost the love I thought was mine for certain
Suddenly it starts hurtin'
I saw the light too late when that fickle finger of fate
Yeah! It came and broke my pretty balloon
I woke up, suddenly I just woke up, so sure
I felt secure until love took a detour
'Cause when you got a tender love you don't take care of
Then you better beware of
The happening

Writer/s: De Vol, Frank / Holland, Brian / Dozier, Lamont Herbert / Holland, Edward, Jr. James
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

The Happening
  • This song was from the 1967 movie of the same name which starred Anthony Quinn, George Maharis, Michael Parks, Robert Walker Jr., and Faye Dunaway.
  • The songwriting team of Holland-Dozier-Holland co-wrote this with Frank DeVol. DeVol was the musical director for the film of the same name.
  • Until 1970, this song was the last hit to be released under the name "The Supremes."
  • An instrumental version by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass reached US #32 in 1967.
  • The demo version of this song appears on the 4-CD (and limited edition 5-CD) box set The Supremes, released in 2000. (thanks, Jerro - New Alexandria, PA, for all above)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget