Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Kate Bush Songs - This Woman's Work Lyrics

This Woman's Work Lyrics By Kate Bush Songs Album: The Sensual World Year: 1989 Pray God you can cope. I stand outside this woman's work, This woman's wor

Kate Bush - This Woman's Work
Kate Bush - This Woman's Work


Kate Bush - This Woman's Work Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: The Sensual World
Released: 1989

This Woman's Work Lyrics


Pray God you can cope.
I stand outside This Woman's Work,
This woman's world.
Ooh, it's hard on the man,
Now his part is over.
Now starts the craft of the father.

I know you've got a little life in you yet.
I know you've got a lot of strength left.
I know you've got a little life in you yet.
I know you've got a lot of strength left.

I should be crying, but I just can't let it go.
I should be hoping, but I can't stop thinking

Of all the things I should've said,
That I never said.
All the things we should've done,
Though we never did.
All the things I should've given,
But I didn't.

Oh, darling, make it go,
Make it go away.

Give me these moments back.
Give them back to me.
Give me that little kiss.
Give me your hand.

(I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.)

I should be crying, but I just can't let it go
I should be hoping, but I can't stop thinking

Of all the things we should've said,
That we never said.
All the things we should've done,
Though we never did.
All the things that you needed from me.
All the things that you wanted for me.
All the things that I should've given,
But I didn't.

Oh, darling, make it go away.
Just make it go away now.

Writer/s: BUSH, KATE
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

This Woman's Work
  • Bush wrote this for a sequence in the movie She's Having A Baby where a man is waiting helplessly in a hospital while his wife gives birth in the next room. She wrote it from the man's point of view.
  • A cover by the R&B American artist Maxwell was released as a single in 2001, peaking at #56 on the Hot 100.
  • Bush told the NME: "It was written for John Hughes' film She's Having A Baby. Really light comedy about this young guy who gets married, very much a kid. His wife is pregnant and it's alright until they get to the hospital and the baby's in the breach position.

    That's the sequence I have to write the songs about and it's really very moving, him in the waiting room, having flashbacks of his wife and him going for walks, decoration... It's exploring his sadness and guilt, suddenly it's the point where he has to grow up. He'd been such a wally up to this point."
  • Bush re-recorded the song for her 2011 album, Director's Cut, in which she updated a selection of tracks from The Sensual World and The Red Shoes.
  • The song returned to the UK singles chart at #63 in April 2012 after contestant Hope Murphy performed it on Britain's Got Talent. Maxwell's cover also entered the top 75 for the first time when it reached #41 the same week.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget