Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Michael Jackson Songs - Butterflies Lyrics

Butterflies Lyrics By Michael Jackson Songs Album: Invincible Year: 2001 All you gotta do is walk away and pass me by Don't acknowledge my smile when I t

Michael Jackson - Butterflies
Michael Jackson - Butterflies


Michael Jackson - Butterflies Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Invincible
Released: 2001

Butterflies Lyrics


All you gotta do is walk away and pass me by
Don't acknowledge my smile when I try to say hello to you, yeah
And all you gotta do is not answer my calls when
I'm trying to get through
To keep me wondering why, when all I can do is sigh
I just want to touch you

[Chorus]
I just want to touch and kiss
And I wish that I could be with you tonight
You give me Butterflies inside, inside and I

All I gotta say is that I must be dreaming, can't be real
You're not here with me, still I can feel you near me
I caress you, let you taste us, just so blissful listen
I would give you anything baby, just make my dreams come true
Oh baby you give me butterflies

[Chorus: x2]
I just want to touch and kiss
And I wish that I could be with you tonight
You give me butterflies inside, inside and I

If you would take my hand, baby I would show you
Guide you to the light babe
If you would be my love, baby I will love you, love you
'Til the end of time

[Chorus: x3]

Writer/s: JACKSON, MICHAEL / HAYES, ISAAC
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Universal Music Publishing Group, DOWNTOWN MUSIC PUBLISHING LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Butterflies
  • Marsha Ambrosius of the English Neo-Soul duo Floetry wrote this ballad when she was still at school. She and her Floetry colleague Natalie Stewart both attended the Brit School for Performing Arts & Technology. They met Jackson through John McClain, DreamWorks's senior urban executive who also manages Jackson. Jacko heard this song and decided he wanted to record it.
  • Jackson invited the two Floetry girls to the studio to the studio, and asked for their input on the recording of the song. Natalie Stewart of Floetry told Yahoo: "It was incredible because he asked, he continually, asked, 'Marsh, what's the next harmony? Girls, does this sound right? What do you think? Is this what you were looking for? He was so open."
    Marsha Ambrosius told Yahoo that it took a few minutes for her to calm down. She recalled: "To begin with, I was kinda shook. Because you don't realize how you're going to feel until you're put in that kind of situation. I had the tears in my eyes and got kinda nervous. But as I got into it, I realized it was work, it was a job. I had to vocally conduct a legend."
  • Ambrosius told VH1 that Stewart had a dream that the two girls were in a limo with Michael. She continued, "He was singing a song and it was like, 'Oh, I like that song.' A year later, we're in the studio cutting 'Butterflies' with Michael Jackson."
  • A year after this appeared on Invincible, Floetry's original version was included as a bonus track on the English version of their debut album Floetic.
  • Michael Jackson has said that this is his favorite song on the album.
  • The song was inspired by Marsha Ambrosius' own "butterflies." "I had a crush on a guy In London and I had butterflies in my stomach. I was too shy to tell him," she admitted to The Boombox . "The song came easy. I was in the studio with Michael about two months after I arrived in America from England. Unbelievable."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget