Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Betty Who Songs - Runaways Lyrics

Runaways Lyrics By Betty Who Songs Album: Take Me When You Go Year: 2014 We sneak out late after midnight Hijack your daddy’s car You’re my best bad ki

Betty Who Songs - Runaways
Betty Who - Runaways


Betty Who - Runaways Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Take Me When You Go
Released: 2014

Runaways Lyrics


We sneak out late after midnight
Hijack your daddy’s car
You’re my best bad kind of habit
I’m your backseat movie star

Left my shirt under the motel bed
Yours looks big on me but knocks you dead
The sun don’t set if you keep heading west you said

Oh we just wanna find our way
Oh baby we’re just Runaways

We spend the night in a border town
You throw our phones away you say
Those kids’ll bring us down
All their fucking around
We’ll never be the same

You keep me lit and I’m a loaded gun
But you love me better than anyone
The sun don’t set if we keep heading west I bet

Oh we just wanna find our way
Oh baby we’re just runaways

Writer/s: NEWHAM, JESSICA / WALSH, PETER THOMAS / SALLIS, PETE
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, RAZOR & TIE DIRECT LLC, CYPMP
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Runaways Song Chart
  • Betty Who's producer Peter Thomas originally penned this song with a Nashville friend of his, Pete Sallis, who has had cuts recorded by Phillip Phillips, Ronnie Dunn and Bucky Covington. Who told Billboard magazine: "It got tossed around to a couple different artists and then I finally put my foot forward and said, 'I would actually really like to sing this song.' So I re-wrote 99% of the lyrics and made it my own."
  • The ode to young love finds Betty hijacking her father's car in order to escape with her infatuation. She said: "To me, (the song) is driving down to Mexico in the middle of the night, not telling anybody, and sleeping in your car at the side of the beach with somebody you probably shouldn't be running away with."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget