Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Pulp Songs - Everybody's Problem Lyrics

Everybody's Problem Lyrics By Pulp Songs Album: Everybody's Problem/There Was... Year: 1983 Standing there before you / defences thrown aside / I thought I

Pulp Songs - Everybody's Problem
Pulp - Everybody's Problem


Pulp - Everybody's Problem Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Everybody's Problem/There Was...
Released: 1983

Everybody's Problem Lyrics


Standing there before you / defences thrown aside / I thought I heard you laughing / but
When I asked you said you'd cried / I wanted to believe you / yes I wanted to feel strong
/ but looking at my picture / I realised I must be wrong / sounds so weak / it sounds so
Fey / it doesn't sound / like what I meant to say / I speak to you / with a borrowed
Tongue / shall I stop right now / or blindly carry on? / choose one [? ] / but I'm not
Everyone / I only have one viewpoint / don't talk to me of right or wrong / and didn't I
Often tell you / oh didn't I often say / that something in your manner / that really takes
My breath away? / it's not weak / to show I care / I know of those / who wouldn't even
Bear / the fact remains / I feel a need / is it love / or is it simply greed? / it's not
Weak / to show I care / I know of those / who wouldn't even bear / the fact remains / I
Feel a need / is it love / or is it simply greed? / you choose what you believe in / as
Far as I'm concerned / but one thing I can tell you / is innocence cannot be learned / I
Wish you'd stop me talking / oh I wish you'd shut my mouth / well the reason why I tell
You / is I think that you could help me out / and if you do then there's no doubt / that
All my problems won't just fly away.
Writer/s: JARVIS COCKER
Publisher: CONEXION MEDIA GROUP, INC.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Everybody's Problem Song Chart
  • "Everybody's Problem" was a result of one of many shifts in direction in the early days of Pulp in an attempt to find commercial success. Having already moved from alternative in their early days to acoustic pop-ballads on their debut album It, this song was a result of producer Tony Perrin telling Jarvis Cocker that pop groups like Wham! were very popular at the time and to write songs accordingly.

    Cocker explained in a 1994 Record Collector interview: "Red Rhino put up the money for another single. That's where things got bad. Tony Perrin, in his infinite wisdom, decided that Wham! were a good group, and said, 'You could write commercial songs like Wham!, Jarvis.' 'Everybody's Problem' was the result. As soon as I'd written it, I'd realized I'd made a grave error. It's got a brass section. I refused to sing properly. What's on the single is a desultory guide vocal - I messed up all the words. 'Everybody's Problem' bombed out and the future was canceled due to a lack of interest!'
  • If one good thing came out of the "Everybody's Problem" debacle, it's that Cocker's disillusionment with chasing commercial sounds for popularity led to him reassembling the band with a more noisey, alternative and experimental direction soon after, and not long after came members who would go on to feature in their most successful years: guitarist Russell Senior and keyboardist Candida Doyle. It was a close thing though - Cocker was close to dissolving the band altogether and going to university before a practice with Senior put him back on track.
  • "Everybody's Problem/There Was..." was a largely self-financed double-A-side single, and the original single is now a highly prized collector's item. The songs themselves have been reissued several times, including on the 2013 compilation Scared To Get Happy: A Story of Indie Pop 1980-1989.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget