Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Hootie & the Blowfish Songs - Only Wanna Be With You Lyrics

Only Wanna Be With You Lyrics By Hootie & the Blowfish Songs Album: Cracked Rear View Year: 1995 You and me we come from diff'rent worlds You like to laugh

Hootie & the Blowfish Songs - Only Wanna Be With You
Hootie & the Blowfish - Only Wanna Be With You


Hootie & the Blowfish - Only Wanna Be With You Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Cracked Rear View
Released: 1995

Only Wanna Be With You Lyrics


You and me we come from diff'rent worlds
You like to laugh at me when I look at other girls
Sometimes you're crazy and you wonder why
I"m such a baby 'cause the Dolphins make me cry
Well, there's nothing I can do
I've been looking for a girl like you

You look at me, you got nothing left to say
I'm gonna pout at you until I get my way
I won't dance, you won't sing
I just want to love you
but you want to wear my ring
Well, there's nothing I can do
I Only Wanna Be With You
You can call me your fool,
Only wanna be with you

Put on a little Dylan, sitting on a fence I say,"That line is great"
You ask me what I meant by "Said I shot a man named Gray,
took his wife to Italy
She inherit a million bucks and when she died is came to me
I can't help it if I'm lucky"
Only wanna be with you
Ain't Bobby so cool?
Only wanna be with you
Yeah, I'm tangled up in blue, only wanna be with you
You can call me your fool, only wanna be with you

Sometimes I wonder if it will ever end
You get so mad at me when I go out with my friends
Sometimes you're crazy and you wonder why
I'm such a baby, yeah, the Dolphins make me cry
Well, there's nothing I can do, only wanna be with you
You can call me your fool, only wanna be with you
Yeah, I'm tangled up in blue, only wanna be with you
only wanna be with you, only wanna be with you,
only wanna be with you, only wanna be with you

Writer/s: FELBER, DEAN / BRYAN, MARK / RUCKER, DARIUS / SONEFELD, JIM
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Only Wanna Be With You Song Chart
  • This song is a tribute to Bob Dylan. It contains lyrics from various Dylan songs, including a mention of Dylan's "Tangled Up In Blue." Some of the words come directly from Dylan's track "Idiot Wind": "They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy. She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me. I can't help it if I'm lucky."

    Apparently, Dylan felt the "tribute" infringed too closely on original work, and he sued the group for unauthorized use of his lyrics. According to VH1, he received a large, out-of-court settlement in 1995.
  • The video had a sports theme and featured former quarterback Dan Marino (the band were huge Miami Dolphins fans), golfer Fred Couples, and various ESPN anchors.
  • The line, "Put on a little Dylan sitting on the fence" is a reference to a band they used to play with called Dillon's Fence. (thanks, Shaggy - Bristol, CT)
  • Cracked Rear View became the biggest-selling album in the history of Atlantic Records, as Hootie & the Blowfish were welcomed with open arms on Pop and Adult Contemporary Radio stations looking for a safe alternative to the '90s Grunge sound. Tim Sommer, who signed the band in 1993, said: "I never underestimate the value of karma in the success of Hootie & the Blowfish. They never expected to be a famous band or even to be signed. They would still be playing regardless of whether they'd signed to Atlantic or were doing it for $200 and a case of beer."
  • Regarding the lyrics, "I'm such a baby 'cause The Dolphins make me cry," fans of the Miami Dolphins had lots to cry about in the ensuing years as the team often struggled to make the playoffs. Asked in 2011 if the Dolphins still make him cry, Rucker replied: "Thank God no. I got over that a couple years ago. I don't know if I could take another 1-15 season."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget