Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Doors Songs - Hello I Love You Lyrics

Hello I Love You Lyrics By The Doors Songs Album: Waiting For The Sun Year: 1968 Lyrics: Not Found Available: Hello I Love You Youtube Music Video

The Doors Songs - Hello I Love You
The Doors - Hello I Love You


The Doors - Hello I Love You Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Waiting For The Sun
Released: 1968

Hello I Love You Lyrics


Hello I Love You Song Chart
  • Jim Morrison wrote this in 1965 after seeing a beautiful woman walking on the beach. He thought up the song and wrote it that night. The song was not recorded until three years later.
  • Many fans considered this a sellout to Top 40 music. It was very radio-friendly, and not as deep or offensive as previous Doors songs.
  • This was one of six songs recorded for a demo the Doors recorded in 1965. Robby Krieger had not yet joined the band.
  • The music is similar to The Kinks' song "All Day And All Of The Night." So similar, that The Doors paid royalties from the British single to The Kinks after the threat of legal action.

    Looking back, Ray Davies was philosophical about the episode, recalling to Mojo magazine September 2012: "The funniest thing was when my publisher came to me on tour and said The Doors had used the riff for 'All Day And All Of The Night' for 'Hello, I Love You.' I said rather than sue them, can't we just get them to own up? My publisher said, 'They have, that's why we should sue them!' (laughs) Jim Morrison admitted it, which to me was the most important thing. The most important thing, actually, is to take (the idea) somewhere else."
  • Robby Krieger ran his guitar through a fuzz box to get a distorted effect like Cream's "Sunshine Of Your Love."
  • The line "Queen of the angels" refers to Los Angeles, the "City of Angels." The Doors were from LA.
  • This was the first Doors song that was successful in Europe.
  • The R.E.M. song "Pop Song '89" is a play on this. Instead of talking about sex, they talk to the girl about politics and the weather.
  • This song was used both in the movies Platoon and Casualties of War. (thanks, Lance - Malibu, CA)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget