Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

John Lennon Songs - Cold Turkey Lyrics

Cold Turkey Lyrics By John Lennon Songs Album: Lennon Boxed Set Year: 1969 Temperature's rising Fever is high Can't see no future Can't see no sky My fee

John Lennon - Cold Turke
John Lennon - Cold Turkey


John Lennon - Cold Turkey Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Lennon Boxed Set
Released: 1969

Cold Turkey Lyrics


Temperature's rising
Fever is high
Can't see no future
Can't see no sky

My feet are so heavy
So is my head
I wish I was a baby
I wish I was dead

Cold Turkey has got me on the run
My body is aching
Goose-pimple bone
Can't see no body
Leave me alone

My eyes are wide open
Can't get to sleep
One thing I'm sure of
I'm at the deep freeze

Cold turkey has got me on the run
Cold turkey has got me on the run

Thirty-six hours
Rolling in pain
Praying to someone
Free me again

Oh I'll be a good boy
Please make me well
I promise you anything
Get me out of this hell

Cold turkey has got me on the run

Writer/s: LENNON, JOHN
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Cold Turkey Song Chart
  • This song is about drug withdrawal. Quitting "Cold Turkey" means abruptly stopping drug use, and wreaks havoc on the body because it has to suddenly adjust to not getting drugs. John Lennon quit cold turkey because he wanted to get off drugs and start a family with Yoko (who also quit with him). He wrote this song about that experience.
  • Lennon wanted to record this with The Beatles for their Abbey Road album, but the other Beatles rejected it. Lennon recorded it with a group of musicians he called The Plastic Ono Band and released it as a single. It was not available on an album.
  • Lennon's second single away from The Beatles. "Give Peace A Chance" was released a few months earlier.
  • Lennon performed this in September, 1969 at "The Toronto Rock and Revival Show," featuring Eric Clapton on guitar, Klaus Voorman on bass, and Alan White on drums. The set was released as a live album.
  • Eric Clapton played some of the guitar on this. Lennon asked Clapton to join The Plastic Ono Band, but Eric declined.
  • Lennon wrote and recorded this song before attending Arthur Janov's Primal Scream therapy workshop, which played a part in his song "Mother." The screams he used in "Cold Turkey," he was actually emulating Yoko singing.
  • Lennon discussed this song in an interview with BBC Radio 1 DJ Andy Peebles on December 6, 1980, four days before his death. He recalled: "Cold Turkey was banned. They thought it was a pro-drugs song. But I've always expressed what I've been feeling or thinking at the time. So I was just writing the experience I'd had of withdrawing from heroin. To some it was a rock 'n' roll version of The Man With The Golden Arm because it showed Frank Sinatra suffering from drug withdrawal." (Source Q magazine November 2010)
  • When John Lennon decided to return his MBE (Member of the British Empire) award on November 25, 1969, he sent it to Queen Elizabeth II with a note explaining, "I am returning this MBE in protest against Britain's involvement in the Nigeria-Biafra thing, against our support of America in Vietnam and against 'Cold Turkey' slipping down the charts."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget