Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Johnny Mandel Songs - Suicide Is Painless Lyrics

Suicide Is Painless Lyrics By Johnny Mandel Songs Album: MASH soundtrack Year: 1970 Through early morning fog I see Visions of the things to be The pains

Johnny Mandel - Suicide Is Painles
Johnny Mandel - Suicide Is Painless


Johnny Mandel - Suicide Is Painless Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: MASH soundtrack
Released: 1970

Suicide Is Painless Lyrics


Through early morning fog I see
Visions of the things to be
The pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see...
[REFRAIN]:
That Suicide Is Painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please.
I try to find a way to make
All our little joys relate
Without that ever-present hate
But now I know that it's too late, and...
[REFRAIN]
The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
So this is all I have to say.
[REFRAIN]
The only way to win is cheat
And lay it down before I'm beat
And to another give my seat
For that's the only painless feat.
[REFRAIN]
The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...
[REFRAIN]
A brave man once requested me
To answer questions that are key
Is it to be or not to be
And I replied 'oh why ask me?'
[REFRAIN]
'Cause suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please.
...and you can do the same thing if you please.

Writer/s: MANDEL, JOHNNY / ALTMAN, MICHAEL B
Publisher: Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Suicide Is Painless Song Chart
  • This was the theme song of the movie and TV series M*A*S*H. The version used in the 1970 movie is the complete song, while the TV show used a much shorter instrumental version. M*A*S*H might be the most successful TV adaptation of a movie, at least until Buffy The Vampire Slayer came along.
  • The lyrics used in the movie intro were written by Mike Altman. He is the son of Robert Altman, who got a big break when he directed M*A*S*H. Robert Altman went on to direct Popeye, Cookie's Fortune and Gosford Park.
    Altman penned the lyrics at the age of only 14. His father told Johnny Carson that, while he himself was paid only $70,000 for directing the film, Mike made over a $1 million from the song.
  • Marilyn Manson covered this in 2000 as the theme for the sequel to the movie The Blair Witch Project. Manson said this is "More depressing and offensive than anything I've ever written."
  • In 2006, this was covered by Lady & Bird, which is a side project of French singer Keren Ann.
  • In 1992 the Welsh rock band Manic Street Preachers covered this for the NME 40th anniversary album Ruby Trax. Released as a single, it peaked at #7 in the UK.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget