Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

U2 Songs - Elevation Lyrics

Elevation Lyrics By U2 Songs Album: All That You Can't Leave Behind Year: 2000 High, higher than the sun You shoot me from a gun I need you to elevate me

U2 - Elevatio
U2 - Elevation


U2 - Elevation Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: All That You Can't Leave Behind
Released: 2000

Elevation Lyrics


High, higher than the sun
You shoot me from a gun
I need you to elevate me here,
At the corner of your lips
As the orbit of your hips
Eclipse, you elevate my soul

I've lost all self-control
Been living like a mole
Now going down, excavation
I and I in the sky
You make me feel like I can fly
So high, Elevation

A star lit up like a cigar
Strung out like a guitar
Maybe you could educate my mind
Explain all these controls
I can't sing but I've got soul
The goal is elevation

A mole, living in a hole
Digging up my soul, now
Going down, excavation
I and I in the sky
You make me feel like I can fly
So high, elevation

Love, lift me up out of these blues
Won't you tell me something true
I believe in you

A mole, living in a hole
Digging up my soul now
Going down, excavation
I and I in the sky
You make me feel like I can fly
So high, elevation
Elevation
Elevation
Elevation
Elevation

Writer/s: ADAM CLAYTON, DAVE EVANS, PAUL HEWSON, LARRY MULLEN
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Elevation Song Chart
  • A live performance was taped for British TV show Top Of The Pops on the rooftop of a hotel in Ireland that Bono and The Edge own. They also taped a performance of "Beautiful Day" for the show.
  • This was one of the first major-label releases made available for preview on the web before the song was released.
  • Their 2001 tour was "The Elevation Tour," and this was the first song in the set. U2 messed with convention by starting the show with the house lights still on. As the recorded intro music to this song played, the band would take the stage and start the show under the house lights. Somewhere in the middle of the song, the house lights would cut and the stage lights would come on. U2 tried this on the first show of the tour, and the response was so strong that they did it for the remainder of the tour. (thanks, Dave - Philly, PA)
  • A remixed version was included on the soundtrack to the 2001 movie Tomb Raider, starring Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft. A video for this was made featuring a "good" U2 doing battle with an "evil" U2, who kidnaps The Edge. Croft rescues him, and the U2s face off in a street jam. It was directed by Joseph Kahn, who also helmed the band's "Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of" video.
  • Bono's laptop computer containing lyrics to the songs on the album was stolen in 1999. It was recovered by an Irish man who bought the stolen computer, and discovered the lyrics. He turned it in for a reward.
  • The Elevation Tour was the most profitable tour in the US in 2001. It grossed $143 million in 113 dates.
  • Won the 2001 Grammy for Best Rock Performance By a Duo or Group With Vocal. U2 won 4 awards that night, including Best Rock Album.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget