Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Leonard Cohen Songs - Almost Like The Blues Lyrics

Almost Like The Blues Lyrics By Leonard Cohen Songs Album: Popular Problems Year: 2014 I saw some people starving There was murder, there was rape Their v

Leonard Cohen - Almost Like The Blue
Leonard Cohen - Almost Like The Blues


Leonard Cohen - Almost Like The Blues Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Popular Problems
Released: 2014

Almost Like The Blues Lyrics


I saw some people starving
There was murder, there was rape
Their villages were burning
They were trying to escape
I couldn't meet their glances
I was staring at my shoes
It was acid, it was tragic
It was Almost Like The Blues
It was almost like the blues

I have to die a little
Between each murderous thought
And when I'm finished thinking
I have to die a lot
There's torture and there's killing
And there's all my bad reviews
The war, the children missing
Lord, it's almost like the blues
It's almost like a blues

So I let my heart get frozen
To keep away the rot
My father says I'm chosen
My mother says I'm not
I listened to their story
Of the Gypsies and the Jews
It was good, it wasn't boring
It was almost like the blues
It was almost like the blues

There is no God in Heaven
And there is no Hell below
So says the great professor
Of all there is to know
But I've had the invitation
That a sinner can't refuse
And it's almost like salvation
It's almost like the blues
It's almost like a blues
Almost like a blues

Writer/s: COHEN, LEONARD / LEONARD, PATRICK
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Almost Like The Blues Song Chart
  • The lead single from Popular Problems finds Cohen reacting to political disasters, death, destruction and bad reviews by noting that they are "almost like the blues."
  • Popular Problems was produced by and co-written with Patrick Leonard, who is best known for his work with Madonna from the mid-1980s to the late 1990s. "It was a very agreeable collaboration because of an absence of ego and an abundance of musical ideas on Patrick's part," Cohen explained during an interview with Bob Santelli, executive director of the Grammy Museum, after an album playback.

    "I would have a rhythm in mind and a position" on tempo and accompaniment," Cohen added. "I had the function of the veto. Most of the musical ideas were Patrick's, with a bit of modifications. Whether there were horns or violin, all of those things were decided mutually."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget