Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

George Strait Songs - Carrying Your Love with Me Lyrics

Carrying Your Love with Me Lyrics By George Strait Songs Album: Carrying Your Love with Me Year: 1997 Baby all I've got is this beat-up leather bag And ev

George Strait - Carrying Your Love with M
George Strait - Carrying Your Love with Me


George Strait - Carrying Your Love with Me Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Carrying Your Love with Me
Released: 1997

Carrying Your Love with Me Lyrics


Baby all I've got is this beat-up leather bag
And everything I own don't fill up half
But don't you worry 'bout the way I pack
All I care about is getting back real soon
A good-bye kiss is all I need from you

[Chorus]
'Cause I'm Carrying Your Love with Me
West Virginia down to Tennessee
I'll be moving with the good Lord's speed
Carrying your love with me
It's my strength, for holding on
Every minute that I have to be gone
I'll have everything I'll ever need
Carrying your love with me

On a lonely highway, stuck out in the rain
Darling all I have to do is speak your name
The clouds rollback and the waters part
The sun starts shining in my heart for you
You're right there in everything I do

[Chorus: x2]

Writer/s: BOGARD, STEVE / STEVENS, JEFFREY DAVID
Publisher: Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Carrying Your Love with Me
  • This Steve Bogard and Jeff Stevens penned song was released on May 22, 1997 as the second single and title track from George Strait's album of the same name. The song reached #1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
  • The song finds Strait singing about carrying the love of his girl with him when he is away from home.

    Baby, all I got is this beat up leather bag
    And everything I own don't fill up half
    But don't you worry 'bout the way I pack
    All I care about is gettin' back real soon
    A good-bye kiss is all I need from you


    "'Carrying Your Love With Me' is a title Jeff Stevens mentioned to me that we didn't write until about six months later," Steve Bogard recalled to Taste of Country . "We just let it percolate, and finally I got the idea for the 'beat up leather bag' metaphor."

    "We pretty much wrote it in a few hours," Bogard added. "Our publisher, Michael Knox, called Larry Willoughby, the A&R man for MCA, and he came over and heard it in my little office live. Jeff [was] singing and playing acoustic, and [I was] playing bass and singing harmony."

    "[They] put it on hold and made us promise not to play the demo, which we hadn't done yet, for anyone until he could send it to George," he concluded. "I'm glad we did. It's a great cut!"

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget