Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Josh Groban Songs - Mi Morena Lyrics

Mi Morena Lyrics By Josh Groban Songs Album: Closer Year: 2003 And so my love From my window I can see A beautiful vision And when the music plays Your bo

Josh Groban - Mi Moren
Josh Groban - Mi Morena


Josh Groban - Mi Morena Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Closer
Released: 2003

Mi Morena Lyrics


And so my love
From my window I can see
A beautiful vision
And when the music plays
Your body rises like a bird of grace

[Chorus]
Mi Morena
I saw you dancing in the rain
Holy water
Shining like a silver flame
Come like a ghost
I will watch you dance alone
Mi morena
You're the light within my soul

And so my love
The way you're moving in your dress
To a nylon guitar
On wings of silk and lace
You lift upon the notes and slip away

[Chorus]

Take this cross of feathers and bone
Take this heart I've carved into stone
In your name

Where the setting sun surrenders to the moon
Mi querida
I will wait for you

[Chorus]

Mi morena
Hold your hands out to the light
Be my lover
I will fall into your eyes
Sweet fire of love
For you I'd steal the stars
'Cause I adore you
O my morena

Writer/s: MARTIN PAGE
Publisher: BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Mi Morena
  • This song was written by Martin Page, who co-wrote the Starship song "We Built This City" and Heart's hit "These Dreams." He also had a solo hit in 1994 with "In the House of Stone and Light."

    "Morena" is an affectionate Spanish term for a dark-haired girl. Page came across the word when he was reading a poem by Pablo Neruda, who is Chilean. The book he was reading the poems from had the original Spanish text on one page and their English translations on the other. When he saw "Morena," he thought it made a beautiful sound and wrote a story around it. Said Page: "It's such a romantic song, and I love brunette ladies, so I thought, 'This is going to be a Pablo Neruda song.' The whole song is influenced by reading all of his love poetry and just feeling how Neruda gets so under the skin with his love songs. It's not corny; it's rusty and deep and dark and bloody. And as soon as I knew that 'Mi Morena' meant 'My dark one,' I wrote it as an ode to a brunette and somebody watching somebody from afar dance." (Here's our full Martin Page interview .)
  • Martin Page, who wrote this song, also played all the instruments on the track except for the nylon guitar, which was performed by Brian Fairweather, who was in a band with Page in the '80s called Q-Feel. The track was mixed by Mike Shipley, who had worked with Page and Fairweather since their Q-Feel days.
  • This became a live favorite for Groban. He performed it at two concerts in September, 2004 at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, which were compiled into a CD/DVD set called Josh Groban: Live at the Greek.
  • Martin Page released his own version of this song in 2008 on his second album, In the Temple of the Muse.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget