Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Third Eye Blind Songs - Jumper Lyrics

Jumper Lyrics By Third Eye Blind Songs Album: Third Eye Blind Year: 1997 I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend, You could cut ties with al

Third Eye Blind - Jumpe
Third Eye Blind - Jumper


Third Eye Blind - Jumper Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Third Eye Blind
Released: 1997

Jumper Lyrics


I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend,
You could cut ties with all the lies, that you've been living in,
And if you do not want to see me again, I would understand.
I would understand,
The angry boy, a bit too insane,
Icing over a secret pain,
You know you don't belong,
You're the first to fight, You're way too loud,
You're the flash of light, On a burial shroud,
I know something's wrong,
Well everyone I know has got a reason, To say, put the past away,
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend,
You could cut ties with all the lies, That you've been living in,
And if you do not want to see me again, I would understand,
I would understand.
Well he's on the table, And he's gone to code,
And I do not think anyone knows,
What they are doing here,
And your friends have left, You've been dismissed,
I never thought it would come to this, And I, I want you to know,
Everyone's got to face down the demons,
Maybe today, We can put the past away,
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend,
You could cut ties with all the lies, that you've been living in,
And if you do not want to see me again, I would understand,
I would understand,
I would understand...
Can you put the past away, I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend,
I would understand

Writer/s: STEPHAN JENKINS
Publisher: BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Jumper
  • In our 2015 interview with lead singer Stephan Jenkins , he described this song as "a noir about a guy who jumped off a bridge and killed himself because he was gay," adding, "It was really about bullying."
  • Stephan Jenkins said on the PBS show In The Mix: "It's not just a song about some guy offing himself. 'Jumper' is really about understanding. Everyone carries demons around, they carry some sort of scar around. The message of Jumper is that there comes a time when you have to put the past away." (thanks, Tim - Pittsburgh, PA)
  • Jenkins told us that this song has changed meaning over the years, as shifting attitudes toward gay rights and inclusion have made the song a celebration, in a way. "'Jumper' has become a really positive song," he said. "When I wrote it, I wrote it as a lament, and now I sing it as a sense of arrival and more exalted, so that one's definitely changed."
  • This song is used in a scene in the film Yes Man in which Carl sings and plays the guitar to this song to convince a man not to commit suicide. (thanks, Alec Thorp - Yorktown Heights, NY)
  • The title is never sung in the lyrics, which led many people to believe it was called "I Would Understand," which is repeated throughout the song. (thanks, Tiga - Mount Carmel, PA)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget