Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Elbow Songs - Charge Lyrics

Charge Lyrics By Elbow Songs Album: The Take Off and Landing of Everything Year: 2014 I am electric with a bottle in me Got a bottle in me And glory be, t

Elbow - Charge
Elbow - Charge


Elbow - Charge Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: The Take Off and Landing of Everything
Released: 2014

Charge Lyrics


I am electric with a bottle in me
Got a bottle in me
And glory be, these fuckers are ignoring me
I'm from another century

I am a preacher when I've got it on me
And I've got it on me
And glory be these fuckers are ignoring me
We never learn from history

Hey, I am the boy who loved her so in every song
And I design that little mystery on your tongue
I've broken jaws protecting laws to keep you free
I've made your day so take a seat by me

I am an old tree, gonna' talk my jaw free
Someone come and get me
Another night beside myself would finish me
Give us G&T and sympathy

I am the die hard with an empty dance card propping up a young bar
I'm pouring oil in double time upon the troubled rising tide inside of me
Upon my history

Hey, I am the boy who loved her so in every song
And I design that little mystery on your tongue
I've broken jaws protecting laws to keep you free
I've made your day so take a seat by me

Hey
Hey
Hey
Hey

Hey, I am the boy who loved her so in every song
And I design that little mystery on your tongue
I've broken jaws protecting laws to keep you free
I've made your day so take a seat by me

Writer/s: GARVEY, GUY EDWARD JOHN / POTTER, CRAIG LEE / POTTER, MARK / TURNER, PETER JAMES / JUPP, RICHARD BARRY
Publisher: Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Charge
  • This Take Off and Landing of Everything track finds Elbow frontman Guy Garvey picturing himself in a couple of decade's time as an old rocker. Tainted by anger and sorrow, he is sitting in a bar, invisible to the attentions of the younger drinkers around him. Garvey told Mojo magazine: "It's an old man sitting in a young person's bar, saying, 'don't look at me as old'... there's some of me in there. My dad was as passionate about Manchester as I am, but in welcoming people rather than repelling people at the bar."

    "Something I'm experiencing the fringes of," he added, with a chuckle. "I don't like the way we treat our old people in Britain. It's so f---ing short sighted. Like we're not all gonna end up that old."

    "If the album has a theme, it's that the band are all approaching 40, and thinking about the part of life that's gone, and what's coming for the next 40, yet you're encouraged to live in the moment," Garvey concluded. "It's all these things at once."
  • Garvey sings on this song as being "from another century." He told Mojo: "The character from this song is definitely me but a bit older. In that song. The character is initially quite aggressive towards young people – which is not me – but I can understand where that comes from, because you get so frustrated when your mortality starts tapping."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget