Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Grand Funk Songs - Walk Like A Man (You Can Call Me Your Man) Lyrics

Walk Like A Man (You Can Call Me Your Man) Lyrics By Grand Funk Songs Album: We're An American Band Year: 1973 CHORUS Walk like a man, and talk like a man

Grand Funk - Walk Like A Man (You Can Call Me Your Man)
Grand Funk - Walk Like A Man (You Can Call Me Your Man)


Grand Funk - Walk Like A Man (You Can Call Me Your Man) Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: We're An American Band
Released: 1973

Walk Like A Man (You Can Call Me Your Man) Lyrics


CHORUS
Walk like a man, and talk like a man.
Walk like a man, hey baby, you can call me your man.
A little girl asked me what am I gonna' do,
When I get old and blue and worn clear through?
And I say by that time I ought to be in my prime,
I'm gonna' strut like a cock until I'm ninety-nine.
I'm gonna' ...
CHORUS
Sometimes I feel it's gettin' late.
In life -- all that settlin' down can wait,
'Till my routine days all seem the same.
Right now, I've got to get on out, I've got to make my day.
I'm gonna' ...
CHORUS
CHORUS
Writer/s: DON BREWER, MARK FARNER
Publisher: CONEXION MEDIA GROUP, INC.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Walk Like A Man (You Can Call Me Your Man)
  • Grand Funk drummer Don Brewer wrote this swaggering rocker and sang lead. Says Brewer: "It was just another song we were jamming on in the rehearsal studio, and those lyrics came to mind. I started singing, 'Walk like a man, call me your man.' It came out of jamming along and coming up with chord changes that seemed to sound right with it."
  • The Four Seasons had a hit in 1963 with a song called "Walk Like a Man," which prompted a lawsuit against Grand Funk. As a result, the title of Grand Funk's song was changed to "Walk Like A Man (You Can Call Me Your Man)."

    As Bob Gaudio of The Four Seasons explained , you can't copyright a title, but the Grand Funk song took it too far with the lyric "Walk like a man, and talk like a man."
  • This was the follow up single to "We're An American Band," which was also written and sung by Brewer and became their first #1 hit. Grand Funk was a huge concert draw at the time and sold lots of albums. Most critics hated them, but the publicity seemed to have a positive effect on their record sales.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget