Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Willie Nelson Songs - Always On My Mind Lyrics

Always On My Mind Lyrics By Willie Nelson Songs Album: Always On My Mind Year: 1982 Maybe I didn't love you Quite as often as I could have Maybe I didn't

Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind
Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind


Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Always On My Mind
Released: 1982

Always On My Mind Lyrics


Maybe I didn't love you
Quite as often as I could have
Maybe I didn't treat you
Quite as good as I should have
If I made you feel second best
Girl I'm sorry I was blind

But you were Always On My Mind
You were always on my mind

Maybe I didn't hold you
All those lonely, lonely times
I guess I never told you
That I am so happy that you're mine
If I made you feel second best
Girl I'm sorry I was blind

But you were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Tell me, tell me that your sweet love hasn't died
Give me, give me one more chance
To keep you satisfied
I'll keep you satisfied

Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time
But you were always on my mind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Writer/s: CHRISTOPHER, JOHN JR. / THOMPSON, WAYNE / JAMES, MARK
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Always On My Mind
  • This was written by the songwriting trio of Johnny Christopher, Mark James and Wayne Carson Thompson. It was originally recorded by Brenda Lee in 1971.
  • This song tells the story of a man who admits that he didn't always do the things he should have to show appreciation for his lady, but wants her to know he was always thinking about her.
  • The Country Music Association named this Single Of The Year in 1982. It also did very well at the Grammys, taking the awards for Song Of The Year, Best Male Country Vocal Performance, and Best Country Song. It was the first country song to take Song Of The Year, and it wasn't until the 2007 ceremonies when another country act got one: The Dixie Chicks for "Not Ready To Make Nice."
  • Elvis Presley recorded this in 1972. His version reached #9 in the UK. A cover version by The Pet Shop Boys made UK #1 in December 1987. They had released it after performing it on a BBC Elvis tribute show. (thanks, Adam - Dewsbury, England)
  • Levi's used this in a 2004 commercial where a guy goes to great lengths to retrieve his jeans. He brings his old girlfriend a flower as a peace offering, then grabs his jeans and leaves while she puts it in water.
  • In the January 2006 issue of Esquire magazine, B.B. King said that this was his favorite song.
  • In 1987, The Pet Shop Boys released a dance version on their album Introspective which was the Christmas #1 in the UK and reached #4 in the US. Neil Tennant explained to 1000 UK #1 Hits by Jon Kutner and Spencer Leigh, "We were approached by Central TV to be on a program called Love Me Tender, commemorating the 10th anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley, and for some reason, we agreed to do it. Rob Holden, who worked with our manager, Tony Watkins, got us a load of Elvis cassettes and the first track on the first one Chris picked up, Magic Moments With Elvis, was 'Always On My Mind.' We were originally going to do a house version of 'Baby Let's Play House' but there wasn't time. We wouldn't have done 'Always On My Mind' unless it was very different from the original, so we added an extra chord to it. There's a B flat at the end of each chorus that wasn't in the original. It makes it far more like a pop song."
  • As part of a series of re-releases of Elvis songs in the UK in 2007 his version re-entered the UK chart at #17.
  • The Pet Shop Boys rendition of this song was voted the top cover version of all time in a 2014 BBC Music vote. Johnny Cash's interpretation of Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt" came in second place, followed by The Stranglers' cover of Dionne Warwick's "Walk On By."
  • Wayne Carson wrote this song in ten minutes at his kitchen table in Missouri. He competed it in the studio with the help of Johnny Christopher and Mark James.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget