Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Mark Dinning Songs - Teen Angel Lyrics

Teen Angel Lyrics By Mark Dinning Songs Album: Greatest Hits Year: 1960 Teen angel, teen angel, teen angel, ooh That fateful night the car was stalled upo

Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
Mark Dinning - Teen Angel


Mark Dinning - Teen Angel Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Greatest Hits
Released: 1960

Teen Angel Lyrics


Teen Angel, teen angel, teen angel, ooh
That fateful night the car was stalled upon the railroad track
I pulled you out and we were safe, but you went running back

Teen angel, can you hear me?
Teen angel, can you see me?
Are you somewhere up above?
And I am still your own true love?

What was it you were looking for that took your life that night?
They said they found my high school ring clutched in your fingers tight

Teen angel, can you hear me?
Teen angel, can you see me?
Are you somewhere up above?
And I am still your own true love?

Just sweet sixteen, and now you're gone
They've taken you away
I'll never kiss your lips again
They buried you today

Teen angel, can you hear me?
Teen angel, can you see me?
Are you somewhere up above?
And I am still your own true love?

Teen angel, teen angel, answer me, please

Writer/s: SURREY, JEAN
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Teen Angel
  • This was written by Mark's sister Jeannie, who was a member with her two sisters of the vocal group The Dinning Sisters. It was about the tragic death of the narrator's girlfriend who stalls her car on a railway track.
  • In the UK, BBC DJs refused to play this as it was too morbid, so it only reached #37 in the British charts.
  • Mark Dinning was born on August 17, 1933 in Drury, Oklahoma. He learned to play the guitar at the age of 17 and he gained a contract with MGM in 1957. This was his one and only hit in both the UK and US. In 1986 he died of a heart attack.
  • Sha-Na-Na played this at Woodstock in 1969.
  • The Canadian group Wednesday recorded a version of this song for their album Canadian Mint that is both a cover and a sequel to the Mark Dinning version, notable for a change in lyrics in which the person being sung about isn't the dead girl but her boyfriend who has died and is now reunited with Teen Angel.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget