Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Nancy Sinatra Songs - Burnin' Down the Spark Lyrics

Burnin' Down the Spark Lyrics By Nancy Sinatra Songs Album: Nancy Sinatra Year: 2004 Standing in the crowds Lost out in the street Loving the chaos With m

Nancy Sinatra - Burnin' Down the Spark
Nancy Sinatra - Burnin' Down the Spark


Nancy Sinatra - Burnin' Down the Spark Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Nancy Sinatra
Released: 2004

Burnin' Down the Spark Lyrics


Standing in the crowds
Lost out in the street
Loving the chaos
With my heart down at my feet

Taking every step like it's my very last
Looking round the corners
Searching through the glass
For a glimpse of you
Eyes of shining blue
All these memories of you come to haunt me
They come to haunt me

Taste the stinging rain
Falling on my tongue
Hanging on your words
Cherish every one
Can't bring you back no matter what I say
Driving in my car just to drive away
Hear the tires spin
Round and round again
All these memories still come to haunt me
They come to haunt me

The city sleepin' cross the river
I'm up alone burning down the spark
Well I wonder where you are tonight
And how far you drifted out there, out there in the dark

Wind at my window
Rattling the door
Pounding on my heart
Like it's never done before
Still I wonder if it could be these memories
No matter how I try they never let me be
Always find a way
Calling out your name
All these memories of you stay and haunt me
Mmh come to haunt me
Mmh they still haunt me
Oh they come and haunt me
Writer/s: JOSEPH BURNS
Publisher: BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Burnin' Down the Spark
  • This song was written by Joey Burns, who is the frontman for the Tucson band Calexico. In 2000, Calexico recorded a song Burns wrote called "Ballad of Cable Hogue," which was titled after a 1970 film of that name. Shortly thereafter, they met Lee Hazlewood, who told them the song reminded him of a duet he did with Nancy Sinatra called "Summer Wine."

    A few years later, Burns learned that Nancy was looking for songs for her 2004 album, so he wrote "Burnin' Down the Spark" for her. He wrote the song in New York City on the Fourth of July, 2003. Burns put himself in Nancy's mindset, thinking about what it would be like looking over a city her father influenced in so many ways.

    "It's about chasing down that love you have for someone," Burns told us. "The only thing Nancy said was, 'Can you re-record it and I'll sing on top of it? Can you transpose it to a different key?' And I said, 'No problem.' So it was so easy to work with her. And then a couple of years later we were performing at The Getty Museum in Los Angeles and she came to the show. She loved it and we breakfast together - she bought the whole band breakfast. It was with her daughter A.J. It was really cool. So it was a very special time to get to meet her and since then I've followed what she's been doing. She's great. She's very true to some of her causes, like performing for troops and veterans of the Vietnam War. That's something I really admire about someone of that caliber: she's still really connected and grounded."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget