Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Pink Floyd Songs - Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert Lyrics

Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert Lyrics By Pink Floyd Songs Album: The Final Cut Year: 1983 "Oi, get your filthy hands off my desert!" "What 'e say?"

Pink Floyd - Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert
Pink Floyd - Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert


Pink Floyd - Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: The Final Cut
Released: 1983

Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert Lyrics


"Oi, Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert!"
"What 'e say?"

Brezhnev took Afghanistan.
Begin took Beirut.
Galtieri took the Union Jack.
And Maggie, over lunch one day,
Took a cruiser with all hands.
Apparently, to make him give it back

Writer/s: WATERS, ROGER
Publisher: Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert
  • Like the rest of the album, this focuses on war, and Roger Waters' displeasure with "Maggie," Prime Minister at that time. Thatcher had just initiated the Falkland Islands "war," referred to obfuscatorially in "The Post-War Dream." This is most likely what the song refers to in the lines about taking the Union Jack (name for the British flag) and Maggie taking a cruiser to make him give it back.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget