Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Guitar Slim Songs - The Things That I Used To Do Lyrics

The Things That I Used To Do Lyrics By Guitar Slim Songs Album: The Things That I Used To Do Year: 1953 The things that I used to do Lord, I won't do no mo

Guitar Slim Songs - The Things That I Used To Do
Guitar Slim - The Things That I Used To Do


Guitar Slim - The Things That I Used To Do Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: The Things That I Used To Do
Released: 1953

The Things That I Used To Do Lyrics


The Things That I Used To Do
Lord, I won't do no more.
The things that I used to do
Lord, I won't do no more.
I used to set and hold your hand, Baby
Cried begging you not to go.

I would search all night for you, Baby
Lord, and my search would always end in vain.
I would search all night for you, Baby
Lord, and my search would always end in vain.
But I knew all along, Darling
That you was hid out with your other man.

I'm going to send you back to your mother, Baby
Lord, and I'm going back to my family, too.
I'm going to send you back to your mother, Baby
Lord, and I'm going back to my family, too.
'Cause nothing I do that please you, Baby
Lord, I just can't get along with you.

Writer/s: JONES, EDDIE
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

The Things That I Used To Do Song Chart
  • Slim claimed he was offered a song from God and a song from The Devil. He chose this one, which was the song from The Devil.
  • This has been covered by many guitar greats, including Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Chuck Berry. Slim's innovative playing, including the use of distortion, became widely copied.
  • Most hit songs at the time were specific to a certain region, but this was a rare R&B song that was popular in the North and South of the United States. It stayed at #1 on the R&B charts for six weeks.
  • Proceeds from this allowed Slim to feed his liquor habit. He died of pneumonia at 32.
  • Slim often played guitar with his teeth or behind his back when he performed this, theatrics that would be copied often in the years to come.
  • A young Ray Charles wrote the arrangements and played piano on this track. It was the first arrangement he got an official credit for. The session took place J&M Studios in New Orleans, where Charles was in town playing some clubs. The session was a grind, and it marked a milestone in Charles' career, as he led the musicians in take after take all night until they finally got it right. At the end of the song, when the horns fade out, you can hear Charles yelling, "Yeah!"

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget