Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

U2 Songs - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of Lyrics

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of Lyrics By U2 Songs Album: All That You Can't Leave Behind Year: 2000 I'm not afraid of anything in this world There'

U2 Songs - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
U2 - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of


U2 - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: All That You Can't Leave Behind
Released: 2000

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of Lyrics


I'm not afraid of anything in this world
There's nothing you can throw at me
That I haven't already heard
I'm just trying to find a decent melody
A song that I can sing in my own company
I never thought you were a fool
But darling, look at you
You gotta stand up straight, carry your own weight
These tears are going nowhere, baby

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment
And now you can't get out of it
Don't say that later will be better
Now you're stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

I will not forsake, the colors that you bring
But the nights you filled with fireworks
They left you with nothing
I am still enchanted by the light you brought to me
I still listen through your ears
And through your eyes I can see

And you are such a fool
To worry like you do
I know it's tough
And you can never get enough
Of what you don't really need now, my oh my

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment
And now you can't get out of it
Oh love look at you now
You've got yourself stuck in a moment
And now you can't get out of it

I was unconscious, half asleep
The water is warm till you discover how deep
I wasn't jumping
For me it was a fall
It's a long way down to nothing at all

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment
And now you can't get out of it
Don't say that later will be better now
You're stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if our way should falter
Along the stony pass

And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if your way should falter
Along the stony pass It's just a moment
This time will pass

Writer/s: PAUL HEWSON, DAVE EVANS, LARRY MULLEN, ADAM CLAYTON, U2
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of Song Chart
  • This is about Michael Hutchence, the lead singer of INXS who killed himself in 1997. He and Bono were close friends, and even discussed the topic of suicide.
  • In an interview with Rolling Stone, Bono said that he and Hutchence, discussed suicide in the past: "We discussed suicide a few times and we both agreed how pathetic it was." He said they had 'kinda promised each other' neither would ever kill themselves.
  • Bono (from Rolling Stone): "It's a row between mates. You're kinda trying to wake them up out of an idea. In my case it's a row I didn't have while he was alive. I feel the biggest respect I could pay to him was not to write some stupid soppy f--king song, so I wrote a really tough, nasty little number, slapping him around the head. And I'm sorry, but that's how it came out of me." (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France, for above 2)
  • Mick Jagger and his 16 year-old daughter, Elizabeth, came to their Dublin studio and sang backup on this. U2 decided to go another direction with the song and did not use their tracks.
  • The band sent Jagger a copy of his version of this, and thanked him and his daughter in the album's liner notes.
  • The video, directed by Joseph Kahn, was shot in Berlin while the band was between tour dates. It showed them in a stadium watching an American Football game. U2 performed at the Super Bowl a few months later. Kahn also directed "Elevation," which featured a battle between good U2 and evil U2.
  • This got a lot of airplay when terrorists struck America in 2001. Los Angeles radio station KIIS produced a version featuring bits of President Bush's speeches mixed in with the lyrics.
  • An acoustic version was included on a 2002 album of rarities called U2 7, which was distributed through Target stores.
  • This won the 2001 Grammy for Best Pop Performance By a Duo or Group With Vocal. It was the first award given out on the show, which U2 opened with a performance of "Walk On."
  • When Apple Computer started their online music store in 2003, an acoustic version of this was offered as an exclusive to the service. It was the #1 downloaded song the first week of the service.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget