Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Little Big Town Songs - Girl Crush Lyrics

Girl Crush Lyrics By Little Big Town Songs Album: Pain Killer Year: 2014 I got a girl crush Hate to admit it but I got a heart rush Ain't slowing down I g

Little Big Town - Girl Crus
Little Big Town - Girl Crush


Little Big Town - Girl Crush Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Pain Killer
Released: 2014

Girl Crush Lyrics


I got a Girl Crush
Hate to admit it but
I got a heart rush
Ain't slowing down
I got it real bad
Want everything she has
That smile and that midnight laugh
She's giving you now

I want to taste her lips
Yeah, 'cause they taste like you
I want to drown myself
In a bottle of her perfume
I want her long blonde hair
I want her magic touch
Yeah, 'cause maybe then
You'd want me just as much
I got a girl crush
I got a girl crush

I don't get no sleep
I don't get no peace
Thinking about her
Under your bed sheets
The way that she's whispering
The way that she's pulling you in
Lord knows I've tried,
I can't get her off my mind

I want to taste her lips
Yeah, 'cause they taste like you
I want to drown myself
In a bottle of her perfume
I want her long blonde hair
I want her magic touch
Yeah, 'cause maybe then
You'd want me just as much
I got a girl crush
I got a girl crush
Hate to admit it but
I got a heart rush
It ain't slowing down

Writer/s: ROSE, LIZ / MCKENNA, LORI / LINDSEY, HILLARY
Publisher: Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Universal Music Publishing Group, BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Girl Crush Song Chart
  • This song finds Karen Fairchild taking the lead as she sings about her envy concerning an ex's new girl. "It's written like a good old country jealousy story," she explained to Radio.com . "I think we've all felt that, where we've lost a relationship and been rejected and we look at, 'What did he want that I didn't have?' I think it's a really easy thing to relate to, and yet you've never heard it said in that way."
  • This was one of three songs penned for the Pain Killer album by Lori McKenna , Liz Rose and Hillary Lindsey - the others being "Save Your Sin" and "Tumble and Fall."

    It was McKenna who came up with the "Girl Crush" title. The songwriter recalled to Rolling Stone Country testing it on Rose. "She gave me this look like she just hated it," McKenna remembered. "She said, 'Lori, shut it down. We're not writing a song called Girl Crush.' She didn't even explain, she just hated it."

    McKenna then decided to try the idea on Lindsey. "Liz starts with her argument with the dirty look and, I'm not kidding, Hillary played the first chord and sang the first verse as it is. And immediately after she sang it, Liz said, 'Oh my god, I love this idea! I get it now, I love it!'" McKenna recalled with a laugh. "So we wrote it pretty quickly. And because Liz hated it so much at first, we thought nobody was going to like the song but us, so we weren't careful. It's good for your songwriting soul to write a song that's just for you and isn't commercial."
  • Jimi Westbrook recalled hearing the song for the first time to Taste of Country . "It took our breath," he said. "We were like, 'Wow, I've never heard that lyric before.' And that's not easy to do these days, because you feel like everything's been done at some point or another. The first time we heard it, we were like, 'Wow, we've got to cut that.'"
  • LBT's Karen Fairchild and Kimberly Schlapman fell in love with the ballad immediately. "I knew as soon as I heard the hook of the first chorus that we had to have this song," Fairchild told Rolling Stone. "I'd never heard a jealousy song written like this. It's definitely one of the best songs I've ever heard and to get to sing it every night is a gift."
  • The song was Little Big Town's second #1 on the country chart, following "Pontoon." In its eleventh week on top of the listing this beat the record for the reign at the summit by a group (of at least three members). The song it overtook was trio The Browns' "The Three Bells," which spent ten weeks at peak position in 1959.
  • The video was directed by photographer Matthew Welch and the stylist Karla Welch. Presented in black-and-white, the clip shows the group performing the song on a bare stage.
  • This won Single of the Year and Song of the Year at the 2015 CMA Awards. It was also nominated for Music Video of the Year, but lost to "Girl in a Country Song" by Maddie & Tae.
  • Little Big Town performed this at the Grammy Awards in 2016, where it won for Best Country Duo/Group Performance and Best Country Song. It was also nominated for Song of the Year, but lost that one to "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran.
  • Lori McKenna recalled to the Los Angeles Times how she, Liz Rose and Hillary Lindsey wrote the song in their pajamas at Rose's house at 9 o'clock in the morning.

    "This is what happened: Liz was making eggs, and I said, "I wanna write a song called 'Girl Crush.'" Hillary walked downstairs and poured a cup of coffee, then she picked up a guitar, which we figured out later was Chris Stapleton's old guitar, and I repeated, Let's write a song called 'Girl Crush.'" And I'm not kidding you — I swear to God — Hillary sang the first four lines of the song exactly the way they are. Then she looked up at us and said, 'You mean like that?' And Liz and I said, 'Yes! That's exactly what we mean.

    But there was absolutely no discussion of what that title means. I said the title and Hillary sang it, and it was that quick. So when people say, 'Oh, they thought this through, they knew they were pressing a button,' it's so funny to the three of us, because there was no conversation about it at all."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget