Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

U2 Songs - A Day Without Me Lyrics

A Day Without Me Lyrics By U2 Songs Album: Boy Year: 1980 Starting a landslide in my ego Look from the outside To the world I left behind I'm dreaming Yo

U2 - A Day Without M
U2 - A Day Without Me


U2 - A Day Without Me Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Boy
Released: 1980

A Day Without Me Lyrics


Starting a landslide in my ego
Look from the outside
To the world I left behind

I'm dreaming
You're awake
If I were sleeping
What's at stake
A day without me

Whatever the feelings
I keep feeling
What are the feelings
You left behind

Today's a day without me

I started a landslide in my ego
Look from the outside
To the world I left behind

In the world I left behind
Wipe their eyes, and then let go
To the world I left behind
Shed a tear, and then let go

Writer/s: ADAM CLAYTON, DAVE EVANS, PAUL HEWSON, LARRY MULLEN
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

A Day Without Me Song Chart
  • Suicide and mental illness are the main themes of this song. Bono wrote the lyrics after hearing news that Ian Curtis had killed himself - the Joy Division lead singer died on May 17, 1980 at age 24. Bono also had a good friend who was institutionalized; he is the subject of the Boy track "The Electric Co.."
  • Island records had Steve Lillywhite produce this on a trial basis. If it worked out, which it did, Lillywhite would produce their first album. That began a successful collaboration, with Lillywhite working on U2's first 2 albums.
  • This was released as a single two months before appearing on Boy. It's one of U2's earliest songs.
  • The Edge ran his guitar through a cheap echo unit he bought.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget