Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

U2 Songs - I Will Follow Lyrics

I Will Follow Lyrics By U2 Songs Album: Boy Year: 1980 I will follow I was on the outside when you said You said you needed me I was looking at myself I

U2 - I Will Follo
U2 - I Will Follow


U2 - I Will Follow Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Boy
Released: 1980

I Will Follow Lyrics


I will follow

I was on the outside when you said
You said you needed me
I was looking at myself
I was blind, I could not see

A boy tries hard to be a man
His mother takes him by his hand
If he stops to think he starts to cry
Oh why

If you walk away, walk away
I walk away, walk away, I will follow

If you walk away, walk away
I walk away, walk away, I will follow, I will follow

I was on the inside
When they pulled the four walls down
I was looking through the window
I was lost, I am found

Walk away, walk away
I walk away, walk away, I will follow
If you walk away, walk away
I walk away, walk away, I will follow
I will follow

Your eyes make a circle
I see you when I go in there
Your eyes, your eyes, your eyes, your eyes

If you walk away, walk away
I walk away, walk away, I will follow

If you walk away, walk away
I walk away, walk away, I will follow

I will follow
I will follow
I will follow
I will follow
I will follow

Writer/s: B. HEWSON, L. MULLEN, A. CLAYTON, D. EVANS
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

I Will Follow Song Chart
  • Bono's lyric was inspired by his mother, who died in 1974 when he was 14. Bono calls it "a song about unconditional love."

    The love he refers to is between a mother and a child, how no matter what the child does, the mother will still love him. There is a biblical component to the song as well, as it's an analog to the love of God as expressed in Romans 8:39: "In neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God."
  • This was the first song on the first U2 album. It was released as a single at the same time as the album Boy.
  • This song is an example of what would become The Edge's distinctive guitar style. He felt he could play only a few notes, but make it work by finding the right ones.
  • The spiritual themes in the lyrics were typical of early U2. Bono, The Edge, and Larry Mullen were members of a devout Christian group.
  • For sound effects, bottles were thrown on the floor and bicycle wheels were spun and hit with bottles and knives. (thanks, Bill - Johnstown, PA)
  • A glockenspiel, which is a percussion instrument similar to a xylophone, was used.
  • A concert favorite, this appears on their live album Under A Blood Red Sky.
  • Collective Soul played this at Woodstock '99. Other groups who played it from time to time include Third Eye Blind and Hootie & the Blowfish. (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France)
  • The Replacements recorded an answer song to this called "Kids Don't Follow" on their album Stink.
  • What happened to the boy on the album cover? His name is Peter Rowen and he is the younger brother of Bono's friend, Guggi, a one-time member of the goth/post-punk band The Virgin Prunes. Peter also appeared on several other of U2's release covers and is now a renowned Irish photographer.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget