Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Van Halen Songs - You Really Got Me Lyrics

You Really Got Me Lyrics By Van Halen Songs Album: Van Halen Year: 1978 Girl, you really got me now You got me so I don't know what I'm doin' Girl, you re

Van Halen - You Really Got M
Van Halen - You Really Got Me


Van Halen - You Really Got Me Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Van Halen
Released: 1978

You Really Got Me Lyrics


Girl, You Really Got Me now
You got me so I don't know what I'm doin'
Girl, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night
Girl, you really got me now
You got me so I don't know where I'm goin', yeah
Oh girl, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night
You really got me
You really got me
You really got me
Please, don't ever let me be
I only want to be by your side
Please, don't ever let me be
I only want to be by your side
Girl, you really got me now
You got me so I don't know what I'm doin', yeah
Oh yeah, you really got me now
Got me so I can't sleep at night
You really got me
You really got me
You really got me
Oh no, no, ah
Girl, you really got me now
You got me so I don't know what I'm doin'
Ah girl, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night
Girl, you really got me now
You got me so I don't know where I'm goin', yeah
Oh yeah, you really got me now
Got me so I can't sleep at night
You really got me
You really got me
You really got me
Oh oh oh

Writer/s: DAVIES, RAY
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

You Really Got Me Song Chart
  • This is a cover of the 1964 song by The Kinks. It was the first hit for The Kinks, and became famous for its distorted guitar sound, which many bands began to copy.
  • This was Van Halen's first single.
  • There is a track before this on the album called "Eruption," which is an Eddie Van Halen guitar solo that leads into it. Disc jockeys often played the 2 songs together, but as computerized playlists and corporate programmers took control of radio stations, "Eruption" is rarely played.
  • This was used in an animated ad for a Nissan sports car. It featured G.I. Joe stealing Barbie away from Ken and driving off with her.
  • The Kinks got the dirty guitar sound on their version by slashing their speaker with a razor blade.
  • The album was cheap and easy to record. The band used very little overdubbing, and simply played in the studio as if they were live.
  • Van Halen's producer, Ted Templeman, recorded this as soon as he could because he was worried that a rival band called Angel would try to release their version of this ahead of Van Halen.
  • After releasing this album, they toured as the opening band for Journey, and then Black Sabbath. Ozzy Osbourne thought Van Halen blew away Sabbath every night.
  • Eddie was 21 when this was released.
  • The album has sold over 5 million copies. Most were bought a few years after it was released as Van Halen picked up fans through constant touring and increased radio play.
  • On their 1982 "Hide Your Sheep" tour, they played this as their second encore, stopping in the middle to sing some of "Happy Trails" before finishing the song.
  • Contrary to popular belief, Eddie used an Ibanez Destroyer for most of this album, as well as several songs on their next 2 albums. This guitar is featured on the cover of Woman and Children First. Ed later took a large chunk out of the guitar, which ruined the tone. (thanks, Jay - Carlisle, PA)
  • Ray Davies once said the he liked the Van Halen version better than the Kinks' own, saying that their original version (the Kinks) was like a prop plane and Van Halen's was like a jet fighter. Eddie later responded by saying he was flattered but that the original was better. His version was just more modern. "Ray, that prop stuff is the real sh-t," he said. (thanks, Stephen - Durango, CO)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget