Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Elvis Presley Songs - One Night Lyrics

One Night Lyrics By Elvis Presley Songs Album: Elvis' 30 #1 Hits Year: 1958 One night of sin, yeah Is what I'm now paying for The things I did and I saw W

Elvis Presley - One Night
Elvis Presley - One Night


Elvis Presley - One Night Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Elvis' 30 #1 Hits
Released: 1958

One Night Lyrics


One Night of sin, yeah
Is what I'm now paying for
The things I did and I saw
Would make the earth stand still

Don't call my name
It makes me feel so ashamed
I lost my sweet helping hand
I got myself to blame

Always lived, very quiet life
Ain't never did no wrong
But now I know that very quiet life
Has cost me nothing but harm

One night of sin, yeah
Is what I'm now paying for
The things I did and I saw
Would make the earth stand still

Always lived, very quiet life
Ain't never did no wrong
But now I know that very quiet life
Has cost me nothing but harm

One night of sin, yeah
Is what I'm now paying for
The things I did and I saw
Would make the earth stand still

Writer/s: BARTHOLOMEW, DAVE / KING, PEARL / STEIMAN, ANITA
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, IMAGEM U.S. LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

One Night
  • This was written by Dave Bartholomew and Dave King. Bartholomew wrote some of Fats Domino's hits, including "Walking To New Orleans," "Whole Lotta Lovin'" and "Blue Monday."
  • Smiley Lewis originally recorded this in 1956. His version hit #11 on the R&B charts, but didn't crack the Pop charts.
  • Elvis recorded this in February 1957. A year later, Elvis went into the army. During this time, Elvis was in Germany so his record company began releasing previously recorded tracks. In the US, this came out in 1958; in the UK it was released in 1959. It was Elvis' first song to reach the top of the UK charts after he went into the army.
  • In January 2005 this was re-released in the UK to commemorate Elvis' 70th birthday. It went to #1, replacing Elvis' "Jailhouse Rock," which was also re-released. It became the fourth track ever to be #1 twice and only the third time in UK chart history that an artist has replaced themselves at the top of the charts. The other two occasions occurred in 1963 when The Beatles' "I Want To Hold Your Hand" replaced "She Loves You" and in 1981 when John Lennon's "Woman" replaced "Imagine." Both songs were re-released following Lennon's assassination.
  • The Jordanaires do not appear on any version of this. They do appear on the flip side of the record, a song called "I Got Stung."
  • This was Elvis' last single to be released in the US in the 78 R.P.M. format. After this, all of his singles in the US were released as 45's. Only England, Canada and other countries continued releasing his singles as 78's for some years after this.
  • The song's second ascension to the chart's peak position in 2005 was the UK's 1000th #1 single.
  • Other cover versions include one by English Glam Rock band Mud, which reached #32 in the UK charts in 1975. Also Joe Cocker recorded the song under its original title of "One Night of Sin" as the title track of his 1989 album of the same name.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget