Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Fairground Attraction Songs - Perfect Lyrics

Perfect Lyrics By Fairground Attraction Songs Album: The First Of A Million Kisses Year: 1988 I don't want half hearted love affairs I need someone who re

Fairground Attraction - Perfect
Fairground Attraction - Perfect


Fairground Attraction - Perfect Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: The First Of A Million Kisses
Released: 1988

Perfect Lyrics


I don't want half hearted love affairs
I need someone who really cares
Life is too short to play silly games
I've promised myself I won't do that again

It's got to be Perfect, it's got to be worth it, yeah
Too many people take second base
Well I won't take anything less
It's got to be, yeah, perfect

Young hearts are foolish, they make such mistakes
They're much too eager to give their love away
Well, I have been foolish too many times
Now I'm determined, I'm gonna get it right

It's got to be perfect, it's got to be worth it, yeah
Too many people take second best
But I won't take anything less
It's got to be, yeah, perfect

Young hearts are foolish, they make such mistakes
They're much too eager to give their love away
Well, I have been foolish too many times
Now I'm determined, I'm gonna get it right

It's got to be perfect, it's got to be worth it, yeah
Too many people take second best
But I won't take anything less
It's got to be, yeah, perfect

It's got to be, yeah, worth it
It's got to be perfect

Writer/s: SHAPIRO, TOM/EVANS, SARA/MARTIN, TONY
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Perfect
  • This is a rare '80s hit with a Skiffle flavor. It was written by the band's guitarist Mark E. Nevin.
  • This was Fairground Attraction's first hit. They followed it up with "Find My Love," which made the Top-10 in the UK, but the band broke up soon after. Lead singer Eddi Reader left the band after their second album and started a new band called The Patron Saints Of Imperfection - the band name showing her distaste for this song. Nevin continued to write, play and produce with such artists as Kirsty MacColl.
  • Bass player Simon Edwards played the guitaron (a Mexican acoustic bass) on this song.
  • In 1989 this won a Brit Award for Best Single while in the same year First of a Million Kisses won the Brit Award for the Best Album.
  • The song's writer Mark Nevin explains the song: "It's just about having girlfriends that haven't really worked out. You get into a relationship and go along with it in a half-hearted atitude and then you think, well, it's time to stop messing about and get it right this time. Find that perfect one."
  • Eddi Reader: "We used 'Perfect' at the end of the set to cheer everyone up because the rest of the songs were full of angst, breakup and love gone wrong, so 'Perfect' was thrown in at the end of the hour to make everyone dance a little bit." (Both quotes from 1000 UK #1 Hits by Jon Kutner and Spencer Leigh.)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget