Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Oasis Songs - Columbia Lyrics

Columbia Lyrics By Oasis Songs Album: Definitely Maybe Year: 1994 There we were now here we are All this confusion nothings the same to me There we were

Oasis - Columbia
Oasis - Columbia


Oasis - Columbia Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Definitely Maybe
Released: 1994

Columbia Lyrics


There we were now here we are
All this confusion nothings the same to me
There we were now here we are
All this confusion nothings the same to me

But I can't tell you the way I feel
Because the way I feel is oh so! new to me
No I can't sell you the way I feel
Because the way I feel is oh so! new to me

What I heard is not what I hear
I can see the signs but they're not very clear
What I heard is not what I hear
I can see the signs but they're not very clear

This is confusion am I confusing you?

Writer/s: GALLAGHER, NOEL
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Columbia
  • This was the first song that Noel Gallagher wrote with Oasis. He recalled to Q magazine: "One Sunday afternoon I was at home watching EastEndersd when our kid rings up and says, 'You coming down for a jam?' I'd never played with anyone else ever. I went, 'Alright.' I'm asking, 'Do you know any Beatles songs?' 'No.' 'Not Ticket To Ride?'

    "We sit there for hours and hours, dead hot and sweaty, and its great," Gallagher continued. "Same the next Sunday and – just because they didn't know any Beatles, really – we decide to write a song ourselves and I come up with what turns out to be Columbia."
  • Oasis opened their first gig at Manchester's Boardwalk on (probably) January 15, 1992 with this song. Noel Gallagher recalled to Q magazine: "It went down like a f---ing knackered lift (laughs). We played this epic, six minute, stone-grooved song, dow, wow, dow, duh duh, the total crossing of rock music and dance music beyond anything that's been heard before and everyone's like (blank face). Soul destroying. This bowl of silence."
  • This was Bonehead's favorite song to play live.
  • Noel Gallagher explained the song's background in the liner notes to Definitely Maybe's 2014 reissue: "When we started, we didn't have a lot of songs so we would jam out current Acid House favourites and f--k about. 'Columbia' derived from one of those nights. It was an instrumental and we played it the first night I ever did a gig with Oasis. When we started at The Real People's studio, somebody had the idea of adding lyrics and it's still a bone of contention to this day who actually wrote the words. We were all on acid at the time but I know I wrote 90 percent of them. It's named in honour of the hotel (in London). Because when I was a roadie with Mark Coyle working for the Inspiral Carpets, we loved that hotel, it was the scene of many nights of nonsense. And it sounded like a good title. I mean, why call anything anything?"

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget