Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Dexys Midnight Runners Songs - Nowhere Is Home Lyrics

Nowhere Is Home Lyrics By Dexys Midnight Runners Songs Album: One Day I'm Going to Soar Year: 2012 Lyrics: Not Found Available: Nowhere Is Home Youtube Music Video

Dexys Midnight Runners Songs - Nowhere Is Home
Dexys Midnight Runners - Nowhere Is Home


Dexys Midnight Runners - Nowhere Is Home Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: One Day I'm Going to Soar
Released: 2012

Nowhere Is Home Lyrics


Nowhere Is Home Song Chart
  • Dexys' lead vocalist Kevin Rowland reflects here on his working class Irish heritage. He explained to The Guardian: "It's a song about rootlessness. Irish nationalism."

    "I used to think, 'I'm Irish, that's my cause,' or, 'I'm working class, that's my tribe' but that kind of identity is not enough," he added. "It's too restrictive, not the real you. It's a badge, a set of clothes. That line, 'Take your Irish stereotype and stick it up your arse,' is me talking to the Irish who embrace that stereotype. Now, I don't know what my identity is."
  • Rowland originally sung "Can't be myself with you" instead of "Nowhere is home to me." He said: "Sometimes you just get an idea, and a deeper meaning suggests itself. I don't regret changing it. It's better."
  • The song was co-written by former Sex Pistols bassist, Glen Matlock.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget