Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Rolling Stones Songs - Connection Lyrics

Connection Lyrics By The Rolling Stones Songs Album: Between The Buttons Year: 1967 Connection, I just can't make no Connection, but all I want to do, is t

The Rolling Stones Songs - Connection
The Rolling Stones - Connection


The Rolling Stones - Connection Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Between The Buttons
Released: 1967

Connection Lyrics


Connection, I just can't make no
Connection, but all I want to do, is to get back to you.

Everything is going in the wrong direction
The doctor wants to give me more injections
Giving me shots for a thousand rare infections
And I don't know if he'll let me go.

Connection, I just can't make no
Connection, but all I want to do, is to get back to you.

My bags, they get a very close inspection
I wonder why it is that they suspect 'em
They're dying to add me to their collection
And I don't know if they'll let me go.

Connection, I just can't make no
Connection, but all I want to do, is to get back to you.

Writer/s: JAGGER, MICK / RICHARDS, KEITH
Publisher: Abkco Music, Inc.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Connection Song Chart
  • Keith Richards wrote most of this song, which is about the long hours the Stones spent in airports and the hard life of performing on the road, with all the travel-weary metaphors that go with it. The repeated word "connection" is a reference to connecting flights, "Everything is going in the wrong direction" is again suggesting not being able to get the right flights, and "The doctor wants to give me more injections, giving me shots for a thousand rare infections" is about the immunization shots you have to get when traveling. Oh, and "my bags, they get a very close inspection." Well, better not have any contraband in there!

    Speaking of contraband, this song was written only months before the notorious drug bust of Richards, Jagger, and Jones in 1967; notorious for being mostly trumped-up and the sentences greatly reduced following public outcry.
  • This song is part of the soundtrack to the 2008 film Shine a Light. It has also been covered by Everclear, Arlo Guthrie, and Montrose.
  • This was one of the last Stones' songs produced by Andrew Loog Oldham, who would soon split with the group amidst much angst and complaining on both sides.
  • Cartoons and drawings by the Rolling Stones' drummer Charlie Watts are used on the album artwork. Charlie Watts explains: "Andrew told me to do the drawings for the LP & he told me the title was between the buttons. I thought he meant the title was 'Between The Buttons', so it stayed." (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget