Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Iron Maiden Songs - The Phantom of the Opera Lyrics

The Phantom of the Opera Lyrics By Iron Maiden Songs Album: Iron Maiden Year: 1980 I've been looking so long for you now you won't get away from my grasp.

Iron Maiden - The Phantom of the Oper
Iron Maiden - The Phantom of the Opera


Iron Maiden - The Phantom of the Opera Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Iron Maiden
Released: 1980

The Phantom of the Opera Lyrics


I've been looking so long for you now you won't get away from my grasp.
You've been living so long in hiding in hiding behind that false mask.
And you know and I know that you ain't got long now to last.
Your looks and your feelings are just the remains of your past.

You're standing in the wings, there you wait for the curtain to fall.
Knowing the terror and holding you have on us all.
Yeah, I know that you're gonna scratch me, maim me and maul.
You know I'm helpless from your mesmerizing cat call.

Keep your distance, walk away, don't take his bait.
Don't you stray, don't fade away.
Watch your step, he's out to get you, come what may.
Don't you stray, from the narrow way.

I'm running and hiding in my dreams you're always there.
You're The Phantom of the Opera, you're the devil, you're just out to scare.
You damaged my mind and my soul it just floats through the air.
Haunt me, you taunt me, you torture me back at your lair.

Writer/s: HARRIS, STEPHEN PERCY
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

The Phantom of the Opera
  • Running 7:22, this song was inspired by the 1910 novel by Gaston Leroux which was later turned into a popular musical adaptation for the stage and screen.
  • Bass player Steve Harris, who wrote this song, explained: "This is a very long song that was done in sections. The middle part was totally separate but it fit in very well. It felt right to go from the slow part into the middle section. Phantom is one of the best pieces I've ever written, and certainly one of the most enjoyable to play. It's got all these intricate guitar lines which keep it interesting. Then there's the slow middle part which creates quite a good mood. It's also got fast heavy parts which are really rockin'. And it's also got areas for crowd participation. It pretty much covers all the bases for the band. It was also a good example of what I wanted to get across."
  • Derek Riggs, yet again, hid his logo (his stylized initials) into some Maiden cover art. In this case, it's depicted clearly near the bottom of the stone in which the organ is imbedded, directly across from the Phantom Eddie's ankle/knee. Eddie is Iron Maiden's mascot.
  • On the back of the Somewhere in Time album, there is a "Phantom Opera House."
  • New Eden covered this for the 1998 compilation A Call to Irons: A Tribute to Iron Maiden.
  • In the Iron Maiden computer game Ed Hunter, this plays during Level 1, London. (thanks, Brett - Edmonton, Canada, for all above)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget