Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Joan Jett Songs - I Hate Myself For Loving You Lyrics

I Hate Myself For Loving You Lyrics By Joan Jett Songs Album: Up Your Alley Year: 1988 Midnight, gettin' uptight. Where are you? You said you'd meet me, n

Joan Jett - I Hate Myself For Loving Yo
Joan Jett - I Hate Myself For Loving You


Joan Jett - I Hate Myself For Loving You Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Up Your Alley
Released: 1988

I Hate Myself For Loving You Lyrics


Midnight, gettin' uptight. Where are you?
You said you'd meet me, now it's quarter to two
I know I'm hangin' but I'm still wantin' you.

Hey, Jack, It's a fact they're talkin' in town.
I turn my back and you're messin' around.
I'm not really jealous, don't like lookin' like a clown.

I think of you every night and day.
You took my heart, then you took my pride away.

I Hate Myself For Loving You.
Can't break free from the the things that you do.
I want to walk but I run back to you, that's why
I hate myself for loving you.

Daylight, spent the night without you.
But I've been dreamin' 'bout the lovin' you do.
I won't be as angry 'bout the hell you put me through.

Hey, man, bet you can treat me right.
You just don't know what you was missin' last night.
I want to see your face and say forget it just from spite.

I hate myself for loving you .
Can't break free from the the things that you do.
I want to walk but I run back to you, that's why
I hate myself for loving you.

I hate myself for loving you.
Can't break free from the things that you do.
I want to walk but I run back to you, that's why
I hate myself for loving you.

I think of you every night and day.
You took my heart, then you took my pride away.

I hate myself for loving you.
Can't break free from the the things that you do.
I want to walk but I run back to you, that's why
I hate myself for loving you.
I hate myself for loving you.
I hate myself for loving you.

Writer/s: CHILD, DESMOND/JETT, JOAN /
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group, BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

I Hate Myself For Loving You
  • Joan Jett's producer Kenny Laguna told us that Joan came up with the guitar riff for this song and wrote it as "I Hate Myself Because I Can't Get Laid." She took it to the writer/producer Desmond Child , who thought the title would never fly and convinced Joan to change it to something with "Love" in the title. Child, who got a co-writing credit on the song, knows something about the hit potential of love: he also co-wrote "I Was Made For Lovin' You" for Kiss and "You Give Love A Bad Name" for Bon Jovi. He has a knack for finding the right hook and making a song sound larger than life.
  • Desmond Child is a prolific songwriter and producer who has gone on to work with Ricky Martin, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Cher, and many others. Kenny Laguna, who has worked with Joan Jett since she started her solo career, explains how they got Child to work with them: "There was a friend of ours at Epic Records who was friends with Desmond, and before the Bon Jovi record came out, he played me the song 'Livin On A Prayer.' I said, 'Whoa, I want to meet this guy,' so I started chasing Desmond around. He didn't want any part of it because he was busy looking for really important acts like Michael Bolton. I just chased him around until he couldn't take it anymore. There was something about his style I liked, it reminded me of The Four Seasons. Sure enough, he had worked with Bob Crewe."

    When we spoke with Desmond, he said, "I had really strong mentors, like Bob Crewe, who taught me how to analyze the structure of songs so that even though you're emotionally invested in it, you also have to have a detachment - there can be no ego."
  • Mick Taylor, who was the lead guitarist in The Rolling Stones in the early '70s, played guitar on this track, including the solo.
  • Pink recorded a version of this song for use on NBC's Sunday Night Football in 2006. In her version, the lyrics are changed to "Waiting all day for Sunday night." The next year, Faith Hill took over from Pink. In 2013, she was replaced by Carrie Underwood.
  • In Steven Tyler's 2011 book Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?, the Aerosmith frontman tells the story about showing up naked at Joan Jett's hotel room door while they were touring together. When she opened, he said, "I hate myself for loving you," and was soundly rejected.
  • This was featured in the movies Striptease (1996) and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009). It also appeared in a 2002 episode of Dawson's Creek.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget