Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Gladys Knight & the Pips Songs - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me Lyrics

Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me Lyrics By Gladys Knight & the Pips Songs Album: Imagination Year: 1973 I've had my share of life's ups and downs But f

Gladys Knight & the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
Gladys Knight & the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me


Gladys Knight & the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Imagination
Released: 1973

Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me Lyrics


I've had my share of life's ups and downs
But fate's been kind, the downs have been few
I guess you could say that I've been lucky
Well, I guess you could say that it's all because of you

[Chorus]
If anyone should ever write my life story
For whatever reason there might be
Oh, you'll be there between each line of pain and glory
Cause you're the Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
Ah, you're the best thing that ever happened to me

Oh, there have been times when times were hard
But always somehow I made it, I made it through
Cause for every moment that I've spent hurting
There was a moment that I spent, ah, just loving you

[Chorus]

I know, you're the best thing, oh, that ever happened to me

Writer/s: WEATHERLY, JAMES D.
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
  • Singer/songwriter Jim Weatherly wrote this. He also wrote "Midnight Train to Georgia," and "Neither One of Us (Wants to Be the First to Say Goodbye)," which were also million-selling hits for Gladys Knight & The Pips. Weatherly had his own solo #11 US hit the same year with "The Need to Be." He was an All-American quarterback before choosing songwriting as a career.
  • Country singer Ray Price was the first to have a hit with this - his version went to #1 on the Country charts. Producers Kenny Kerner and Richie Wise heard Price's version and brought it to Gladys Knight And The Pips. They produced Knight's previous hit, "I've Got to Use My Imagination," and used the same rhythm section on this.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget