Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Lynyrd Skynyrd Songs - Simple Man Lyrics

Simple Man Lyrics By Lynyrd Skynyrd Songs Album: Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd Year: 1973 Mama told me when I was young "Come sit beside me, my only son A

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man


Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd
Released: 1973

Simple Man Lyrics


Mama told me when I was young
"Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say
And if you do this it'll help you some sunny day"

"Oh, take your time, don't live too fast
Troubles will come and they will pass
You'll find a woman and you'll find love
And don't forget, son, there is someone up above"

"And be a simple kind of man
Oh, be something you love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man
Oh, won't you do this for me, son, if you can"

"Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul
And you can do this, oh baby, if you try
All that I want for you, my son, is to be satisfied"

"And be a simple kind of man
Oh, be something you love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man
Oh, won't you do this for me, son, if you can"

Oh yes, I will

"Boy, don't you worry, you'll find yourself
Follow your heart and nothing else
And you can do this, oh baby, if you try
All that I want for you, my son, is to be satisfied"

"And be a simple kind of man
Oh, be something you love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man
Oh, won't you do this for me, son, if you can"

Baby, be a simple, really Simple Man
Oh, be something you love and understand

Writer/s: VAN ZANT, RONNIE / ROSSINGTON, GARY ROBERT
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Simple Man
  • Shortly after Ronnie Van Zant's grandmother and Gary Rossington's mother died, they got together in Van Zant's apartment and started telling stories about them. Rossington came up with a chord progression, and Van Zant wrote the lyrics based on advice the women had given them over the years. They wrote it in about an hour.
  • Even though the lyrics state, "Sit beside me, my only son," Ronnie was not the only son. He had 2 younger brothers along with one older sister and one younger sister.
  • This appears on the soundtrack to the movie Almost Famous.
  • Skynyrd producer Al Kooper didn't like the way this was coming out, so the band recorded it without him and had him add his organ part later. He didn't think they should release it, but realized he was wrong when it went over so well with their fans.
  • When Skynyrd toured in 1987, they dedicated this to Van Zant.
  • The studio and live versions of this song are tuned to different keys. The studio is in Ab while the live is the key of A.
  • The Heavy Metal band Shinedown recorded an acoustic version. The Deftones also covered it on their B-Sides And Rarities CD.
  • Frontman Johnny Van Zant discussed this song in a track-by-track commentary to promote the band's 2010 CD/DVD Live From Freedom Hall. He said: "Well that's a great song and something that I think we all live by. I think anybody out there needs to respect their mother, and the words of their mother. It's mama talking to you in that song and I think it's probably one of my favorite's if not my favorite to do live. It's just a great song and that one stays in the set and the crowd always goes crazy on that one."
  • The song charted in the Hot 100 for the first time in May 2015. A version by Sawyer Fredericks, performed on the April 27, 2015 episode of The Voice, debuted at #71 the following week.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget