Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

George Strait Songs - The Chair Lyrics

The Chair Lyrics By George Strait Songs Album: Greatest Hits Year: 1987 Well excuse me, but I think you've got my chair, No that one's not taken, I don't

George Strait - The Chair
George Strait - The Chair


George Strait - The Chair Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Greatest Hits
Released: 1987

The Chair Lyrics


Well excuse me, but I think you've got my chair,
No that one's not taken, I don't mind if you sit here,
I'll be glad to share.

Yea it's usually, packed here on Friday nights,
Oh if you don't mind could I talk you out of a light?
Well thank you, could I drink you a buy?
Oh listen to me, what I mean is can I buy you a drink?
Anything you please.

Oh you're welcome, well I don't think I caught your name,
Are you waiting for someone to meet you here?
Well that makes two of us, glad you came.
No I don't know the name of the band but they're good,
Aren't they, would you like to dance?

Yea I like this song too, it reminds me of you and me baby
Do you think there's a chance?
That later on, I could drive you home?
No I don't mind at all,
Oh I like you too and to tell you the truth
That wasn't my chair after all.

Oh I like you too and to tell you the truth
That wasn't my chair after all.

Writer/s: COCHRAN, HANK / DILLON, DEAN
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

The Chair
  • Named by CMT as one of the 100 greatest country songs of all-time, this was the result of a night-long songwriting binge by Country music songwriters Hank Cochran and Dean Dillon. The two had been writing songs all night long and as Dillon puts it "were about written out" when he strummed his guitar and sang the line "Excuse me but I think you've got my chair." Twenty minutes later, "The Chair" was complete.
  • This is one of Strait's 51 #1 hits, a record for country music.
  • Cochran was already a seasoned veteran in the music industry with classic songs like Patsy Cline's "I Fall To Pieces" to his name, and acted as a mentor to Dean Dillon, who was making his own mark in the business penning hits for Strait and other country artists. Dillon spoke with us in 2012 about collaborating with Cochran on this: "There's some lines in that song which are just brilliant that Hank wrote. The line, 'Thank you, can I drink you a buy, well, listen to me, what I meant is can I buy you a drink, anything you please,' it just shows how flustered the guy was. He's tripping over himself to get to know this girl. And using every line in the book, basically, to get her attention. And I just thought that was really brilliant on Hank's part. But then you have to understand Hank Cochran was one of the most brilliant songwriters ever in country music."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget