Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Randy Newman Songs - I Love LA Lyrics

I Love LA Lyrics By Randy Newman Songs Album: Trouble In Paradise Year: 1983 Lyrics: Not Found Available: I Love LA Youtube Music Video

Randy Newman - I Love LA
Randy Newman - I Love LA


Randy Newman - I Love LA Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Trouble In Paradise
Released: 1983

I Love LA Lyrics


I Love LA
  • Randy Newman was asked to write a song about Los Angeles as a theme to the 1984 Olympics, which were held there. Instead, he wrote a tongue-in-cheek "homage" to the car-cruising, sun-worshipping LA culture, complete with mentions of a "Big nasty redhead" and a "Bum down on his knees." LA officials didn't think this was the image they wanted, but Newman released the song anyway. Despite the unsavory references to the city, the song became an anthem for Los Angeles, as most people didn't listen far beyond the chorus. This is typical of Newman's songwriting; he often writes lyrics that mean more than what's on the surface. "I don't want to sing everything out of the side of my mouth," he once said.
  • Randy Newman's cousin, Tim Newman, directed the video. Tim had lots of experience directing commercials, but had never done a music video. For most of the video, we see Randy driving around Los Angeles, taking in the beautiful sights along the way. Tim said it was the most fun he ever had at his job.
  • For a while this was the adopted theme song for the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team. It is also played after every LA Dodgers home victory.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget