Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Yusuf Islam Songs - A Is For Allah Lyrics

A Is For Allah Lyrics By Yusuf Islam Songs Album: A Is For Allah Year: 1980 Lyrics: Not Found Available: A Is For Allah Youtube Music Video

Yusuf Islam Songs - A Is For Allah
Yusuf Islam - A Is For Allah


Yusuf Islam - A Is For Allah Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: A Is For Allah
Released: 1980

A Is For Allah Lyrics


A Is For Allah Song Chart
  • When Cat Stevens converted to Islam and adopted the name Yusuf Islam in 1977, he was determined to give up his musical career as he felt he needed to dedicate himself to study of his new religion and avoid the secular aspects of the music business. However the birth of Yusuf's first child, a daughter named Hasanah, prompted a return to songwriting. He explained to Uncut: "I wrote a song in 1980 called 'A is For Allah.' I sang it to my first-born and then, when I was going around, a lot of people wanted me to give a talk and then they'd want me to sing something. I wouldn't have a guitar, so I'd just sing this song a cappella and it was recorded on people's cassettes."

    "It was probably one of the biggest hits of the Muslim world back in the '80s. Almost every family had it. From there I realized, these kids need music, they need something. So I started writing songs for children and we've had one of the most popular CDs in the Muslim world called I Look, I See."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget